Frontier Science is pleased to announce the release of HAWS version 5.0. Below are a few highlights, as well as a full list of changes for this release.
Open Discretionary Assay
This new assay can be used when a laboratory needs to run a discretionary test that isn’t currently supported by HAWS. It allows you to specify the name of the assay, as well as the result and analyte. As the name implies, the Open Discretionary Assay can only be assigned as a discretionary test; it is not part of any workflows.
HAWS now supports the Alere Determine HIV-1/2 Ag/Ab Combo assay and kit. The Determine assay can be used when an algorithm calls for an EIA test.
Full Release Notes
- Fixed text in the Confirm Do Not Report window (R-25260)
- Added support for the Determine assay, along with related reports (R-25914)
- Added support for the Open Discretionary Assay (R-25915)
- Added the “inconclusive” result for the TNA assay (R-26189)
- Fixed issue where PR4100 reader files were not imported as expected (R-26309)
- Changed “Print Date” to “Issue Date” on all reports (R-26335)
- Changed the name of “Protocol management” to “Protocol administration” to be consistent with other features in HAWS (R-26607)
- Changed the filename of Redraw reports so that they end with “-REDRAWreq.pdf” (R-26814)